We are a new company with a team that has worked together for over a decade. We are spinning out, from our former parent company, and now client, Apex Supply Chain Technologies.
We build solutions using blockchains, our own smart contract framework, API framework, and a robot/IoT hardware control framework that can make decisions autonomously or through consensus. Sometimes what we build interacts with hardware controls in the real world, and sometimes transactions just live in the cloud.
We’re looking for engineers who are ready to contribute fresh ideas from all variety of areas, including IoT integration, blockchain distributed ledgers and distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, machine learning, UX design; the list goes on and is growing every day. As one of the software engineers, we will count on you to be versatile, display leadership, and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full stack as we continue to push technology forward.
● Manage a team of software engineers, including task planning and code reviews.
● Set the technical direction for products, projects, and teams.
● Cultivate innovation by driving cross-collaboration and execution of projects across multiple teams.
● Contribute high-level technical expertise and direct code development, while also providing technical leadership to the team.
● Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services, from inception and design, through to deployment, operation, and refinement.
● Lead the technical designs of new software components, systems, and features.
● Leverage your technical knowledge of web technologies, software services, authentication protocols, programming languages, application integration techniques, and network security to set the technical direction.
● Help define and execute/implement a long-term roadmap with other leads and cross-functional stakeholders.
● Mentor and train other team members on design techniques, and coding standards.
● Write and review design and developer-facing documentation.
● 8 years or more of experience with software development, and with data structures and algorithms.
● 5 years or more of experience testing, maintaining, and/or launching software products, and 5 years of experience with software design and architecture.
● 3+ years of technical leadership and people management experience.
● 3+ years experience leveraging CI/CD approaches with GitLab, GitHub, CircleCI, etc.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent practical experience.
● 5 years or more of experience in a technical leadership role leading project teams and setting technical direction.
● 5 years or more of experience working in a complex, matrix organization involving cross-functional, and/or cross-business projects, leading distributed engineering teams.
● Demonstrated expertise working in: full-stack development, infrastructure, web application development, mobile application development, Linux environments, embedded systems, security and privacy, cluster deployment and orchestration, machine learning, natural language processing, networking, databases, and data marts.
● Understanding of data networks, software-defined networking (SDN) principles, and supporting products/technologies. Deep experience with Unix/Linux, TCP/IP, and network programming.
● Experience with scalable networking technologies (such as Load Balancers, Firewalls) and web standards (such as REST APIs, web security mechanisms).
● Comfortable with technical deep dives into code, networking, operating systems, and storage.
● Ability to think as an innovator, problem solve systematically, collaborate cross functionally, and work through to a solution to ambiguous problems.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to represent complex business or technical concepts across a wide variety of functions and levels internally and externally.
● Advanced degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
Extra consideration for demonstrated expertise working in one or more of the following areas:
● Developing blockchain smart contracts and architecture using HyperLedger Fabric 1.4 or higher.
● Developing IoT/Robotic solutions using Robot Operating System (ROS) or similar technologies.
● Developing embedded systems in applications like RUST, C, C++, Python, etc.
● Experience in software development in the following: Java, J2EE, Struts, JSP, and other Java enterprise solutions.
● Hands-on experience with DevOps and the creation and management of CI/CD pipelines at an enterprise scale with experience with one or more cluster deployment and orchestration technologies and how they overlay the underlying OS and network stack. Experience with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenStack, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins). Understanding of open source server software (such as NGINX, RabbitMQ, Redis, Elasticsearch). Experience with standard IT security practices such as identity and access management, data protection, encryption, certificate and key management.
Great, just keep talking to your recruiter.
Apply for this position
If you are already talking to a recruiter from CONEXIONHR, DON'T FILL THE FORM.