We are a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization — driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. We’re breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
We’re based in New York City with a global footprint that extends to London, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Seoul, Sydney and beyond. It includes customization services worldwide, a knitwear factory in Brooklyn, a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco, a specialized R&D team in Portland, and a licensing and product development team in LA.
About the role:
We are searching for an experienced People Operations Lead, LATAM who thrives in the fast-paced start-up environment, possesses a track record of success building a thriving Human Resources function in Colombia, and someone who wants to help us to grow our business rapidly through Talent Acquisition. You will be part of the People Team based in the US, establish yourself as a core partner in our Colombia business, and serve as the bridge between our Colombia and US teams. This role requires working onsite at our coworking space in Medellin, Antioquia, Colombia.
● As we begin to grow our presence in Colombia, you will take a lead role in sourcing, recruiting, hiring and onboarding new employees in Colombia and other Latin American countries, based on future needs for the company.
● We will be also looking for support in an HR generalist capacity in areas such as:
– Serve as an expert in Colombian employment law, partnering with our external legal ounsel.
– Collaborate with team leaders to track employee performance reviews and help to develop personalized development plans depending on the business line.
– Research, share and implement strategies and methods to help us build an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization where everybody has the opportunity to develop their career, share their ideas and build a learn-it-all culture.
– Partner with our technical team managers and employees to provide best in class support, coaching and guidance as a business partner.
– Work on special projects such as leading acquisitions and opening of new locations in South America.
– Review, improve and create organization policies and procedures as we continue to scale in collaboration with People Team colleagues.
● BS or BA in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, Humanities or another related field.
● 5+ years of People/HR experience, including experience in recruiting and HR generalist capacity.
● Strong ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English and Spanish.
● Thorough knowledge of employment law in Colombia.
● Prior experience on a People Team in a tech company (preferably software)
● Strong track record in handling unique and complex employee relations issues for technical talent.
● Self-motivated and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that requires an ability to learn and adapt quickly in a proactive manner with a positive attitude.
● Leverages a data-driven approach to making decisions and present business rationale to leadership.
● Platform savvy: Google Suite, HR softwares (e.g. HCM, ATS, etc.),PEO and Employer of Record (EOR) knowledge.
Additional skills/abilities (nice to have):
● Prior experience on a People Team in a global company (preferably with business based in the United States)
● Experience and/or interest in the apparel manufacturing industry, and disruptive tech innovation.
● High emotional intelligence and enjoys relationship building, crafting organizational communications, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
● Excellent sense of humor.
At our company, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Great, just keep talking to your recruiter.
Apply for this position
If you are already talking to a recruiter from CONEXIONHR, DON'T FILL THE FORM.