We’re looking for a strong senior-level data engineer. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, the company applies the latest technology and the best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
Our client is the customer intelligence partner that empowers businesses to maximize customer-level profitability. The team (former Facebook, PayPal, and Stanford alums) has built a product that can predict individual customer lifetime value at the earliest point of customer contact and changed how brands view their relationships with their customer. Using data science to predict future buying behavior of consumers and recommend actions that businesses can take around those predictions.
As a Data Engineer, you will be working closely with an AI technology leader and seasoned hands-on multi-startup CTO with over 15 years of experience to leverage the best technologies and techniques to build out DataOps. That is to automate fast, available, and accurate data to super-charge the data science delivered to clients. If you are a self-starter focused on results that loves automating via code, are comfortable with AWS services, and have had experience with Big Data systems, join us!
What’s in it for you:
● Work with the latest and greatest technologies for a venture-backed startup.
● Learn from the best people. We constantly challenge the status quo, learn from each other, and invent new ways of building a great product.
● We actually write automated tests. We take advantage of the latest automation tools like automatic deployments, CI/CD pipelines, and more.
● Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule.
● Work remotely at the comfort of your home or a shared co-working space.
● Work on challenging problems, innovate, have fun while doing it.
● Travel around the world. We offer occasional business trips to work with our clients face to face from their offices.
● 4+ years of full-time hands-on data engineering experience.
● 3+ years of SQL databases and big data experience.
● 2+ years of cloud infrastructure experience (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure).
● 2+ years of Python experience.
● 2+ years of Apache Spark experience.
● Able to have a conversation about technical details speaking and writing English in real time.
● Experience in at least one big data relational database technology such as Snowflake, Cassandra, Redshift, BigQuery.
● Experience with PySpark.
Nice to have:
● Bachelors or Masters in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical degree.
● Experience working with big data and/or marketing data applications.
● Databricks experience.
● Experience with working extensively in AWS.
Great, just keep talking to your recruiter.
Apply for this position
If you are already talking to a recruiter from CONEXIONHR, DON'T FILL THE FORM.