We are radically improving financial services for independent landlords, helping them save time, improve cash flow and grow their portfolio.
Between the headaches of rent collection and the red tape of traditional banks, insurance providers and mortgage brokers, landlords today know that the finances of owning a rental property are anything but “passive” income.
We provide access to world-class payments, banking, lending, insurance and insights— all tailored to the unique needs of rental property owners. Our competitive and transparent financial services platform empowers independent landlords to save time, improve returns, and provide quality housing for millions of people.
Our executive team has decades of experience across the real estate, financial services, and technology industries. Our investors are some of the best real estate tech and fintech investors in the world, including Canaan Partners, QED Ventures, Khosla Ventures, and Camber Creek.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly-motivated backend developer to join our engineering team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for solving complex problems and collaborating with organizational leaders. Be prepared to learn, build, and iterate in a fast-paced environment. A high level of execution, professional growth, and collaboration is expected. Come join us and work closely with product, marketing, and fellow engineers to create game-changing products for the real estate rental marketplace.
What You’ll Do
● Design, build, and maintain efficient & scalable microservices in Kotlin, Java, & Spring Boot
● Define relational database schemas.
● Take ownership of technical solution for product requirements with minimal supervision.
● Generate ideas for new initiatives and technologies.
● Contribute to peer reviews with thoughtful insights and suggestions.
● Communicate engineering concepts and progress to product, marketing, and operations.
● Drive innovation in banking, lending, insurance, and property management.
● 3-5 years of experience relevant experience.
● Proven track record of producing high quality APIs, microservices, & databases.
● Our core stack is Java, Kotlin, Spring Boot, & Postgres. Proficiency with OOP principles and relational databases is all that’s expected upon hire.
● Aptitude to own a project from ideation to release.
● Ability to succeed in a fast-paced startup environment.
● Firm sense of responsibility and pride in execution and delivery.
● Team player with a positive attitude.
● Understanding of streaming (Kafka) or message queue (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, AWS SNS/SQS) technologies.
● Familiarity with Amazon Web Services.
● Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
Benefits & Perks
● Competitive salary and growth opportunities.
● Equity stock options package.
● Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits.
● Long Term Disability Coverage.
● Personal & Dependent Care FSA.
● Flexible vacation policy.
Apply for this position
If you are already talking to a recruiter from CONEXIONHR, DON'T FILL THE FORM.