We bring everyone in the education community together to help learners succeed. We create technology, content and platforms that connect teachers, students and parents to each other and help all learners discover their passions and improve their skills. We believe edtech has the power to improve education and enrich the lives of everyone in the education community, no matter where they might live, work, or play. We put the needs of teachers and learners first in everything we build and do. We are at the forefront of the ed tech revolution, not only we launched in 2008 and delighted close to 100 million users across the globe, we are planning on building something brand new to help teachers and students to be even more productive. Come help us build the future of education!
We are looking for full stack software engineers: our current stack is React.js and Ruby on Rails and MySQL but we are fine with you having other backgrounds and willing to learn our stack. We are big on making developers’ lives easier and currently working on transforming our DevOps stacking using Terraform and Kubernetes. We believe continuous learning is a cornerstone value of any talented engineer, and what better way to learn than by building high-quality products.
- Work on both front and back end technologies when developing a feature for our educational tools.
- Take ownership of a feature and lead all life cycle stages for that feature including requirement analysis, design, development, testing and deployment.
- Work closely with QA and Product on a rotation basis to handle reported bugs/issues
- Perform code reviews for your peers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related major
- 4+ years experience in Ruby on Rails, Java or other back-end languages
Nice to have
- Experience with specifically ReactJS is a plus
- Experience working with databases, distributed systems, concurrency
- Experience working with Cloud IaaS (e.g. AWS)
- Experience leading a project
- 100% remote
- USD payment
- 4 weeks of vacations and local holidays paid
Apply for this position
If you are already talking to a recruiter from CONEXIONHR, DON'T FILL THE FORM.