We’re looking for a strong Ruby on Rails engineer. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, the company applies the latest technology and the best engineering practices to help businesses grow. We’re in the top 50 companies to watch in LA.
Our client is changing the way consumers purchase and get support for new technology. Is the leading independent, nationwide on-demand technology support platform that provides affordable, same-day on-site and 24/7 online tech support services. Utilizes a network of thousands of independent technicians throughout the US that are hand-selected, vetted and background-checked to provide a top-notch customer experience for a wide range of services, including computer support, smart home device installation, home office setup, and product sales.
You’ll help to build scalable, robust, rock-solid solutions that provide a smooth customer experience. You’ll be responsible for the design, development, delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tier distributed software applications and tools.
Innovate with us and showcase your work to millions of users across the United States. The technology stack includes Kubernetes microservice environment, each service with a separate PostgreSQL datastore. We use Kafka to communicate between our microservices written in Ruby on Rails and Go. Our system serves 10 million events per month. Join us, it’ll be fun!
What’s in it for you:
● Work with the latest and greatest technologies.
● Learn from the best people. We constantly challenge the status quo, learn from each other, and invent new ways of building a great product.
● We actually write automated tests. We take advantage of the latest automation tools like automatic deployments, CI/CD pipelines, and more.
● Flexible hours. Just join daily standups, sprint planning, and retrospective meetings. Other than that you’re in control of your own schedule.
● Work remotely at the comfort of your home or a shared co-working space.
● Work on challenging problems, innovate, have fun while doing it.
● Travel around the world. We offer occasional business trips to work with our clients face to face from their offices.
● 2+ years of full time hands on work experience in Rails.
● 4+ years of full time hands on work experience as Back End Developer.
● Passion for building top-notch software applications and tools.
● Customer experience mindset.
● Proactive communication skills.
● Experience working with other engineers within a team and across teams.
● Ability to take product requirements and develop software architectures and designs.
● Ability to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software as well as build new product features.
● Experience managing individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
Nice to have:
● Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
● Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
● Experience with automated testing.
● Big O notation.
Perfecto, seguí hablando con él.
Aplica para esta posición
Si ya estás hablando con un reclutador de CONEXIONHR, NO COMPLETES EL FORMULARIO.